- n an angry disturbance
a spot of bother
- n something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness
a bit of a bother
- v take the trouble to do something; concern oneself
Don't bother, please
- v cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me
- v to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
- v intrude or enter uninvited
Don't bother the professor while she is grading term papers
- v make nervous or agitated
The mere thought of her bothered him and made his heart beat faster
- v make confused or perplexed or puzzled
- The fact that the women may have been forced into prostitution doesn't seem to bother most of their soldier-patrons.
- Why bother? I'll get over it, but till then .
- Don't bother hanging your laundry it'll turn black before it dries.
News & Articles
- The Motley Fool: Why bother with stocks?
The Motley Fool: Why bother with stocks? Successful investors have learned that the value of individual stocks as well as the overall market will fluctuate over time, sometimes soaring or sinking sharply. Over the long haul, if you've bought stocks at undervalued prices, they should approach or exceed their intrinsic value. Exiting stocks makes sense if you really have little or no faith in them ...
June 12, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- US Open Golf Predictions 2013: Why an Underdog Is Destined to Win at Merion
Don't bother scanning the favorites to find the winner for the 113th U.S. Open. The winner is going to be an underdog. According to Bovada on June 11, there are 10 players with odds at 28/1 or lower. I'm considering everyone outside of this top 10 an underdog. The top 10, in order, are Tiger Woods , Phil Mickelson , Graeme McDowell, Matt Kuchar , Rory McIlroy , Adam Scott, Justin Rose, Brandt ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Cingrani OK with return to Louisville soon
Tony Cingrani knows his next start may be in Louisville and that doesn't bother him.
June 12, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Brett Favre in USA Today
Them moving on does not bother me,Favre said. "It doesn't. I totally understand that. By me retiring March 3rd, I knew that could possibly happen. All I was saying is, you know, I'm thinking about playing again."
- Joachim Loew in The Press Association
Lahm was speaking to the Bild newspaper less than 48 hours before the crucial encounter, but Low said: "That does not bother us at all. He spoke honestly about what he thinks. He has been enjoying the added responsibility and he has done his job...
- Dennis Quaid in Long Beach Press-Telegram
We all have this inherent thing that we trust doctors and nurses, that they know what they're doing,Dennis says on Sunday's "60 Minutes." "This mistake occurred right under our noses. ...... The nurse didn't bother to look at the dosage on...