- n rock fragments and pebbles
- v cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
- v cover with gravel
We gravelled the driveway
- v be a mystery or bewildering to
- Beside it is a quarrying operation that once dumped a load of sand and gravel from a conveyor belt into Cronin's boat while he was in it, to discourage scrutiny.
- Last week, under the bumper-to-bumper weight of cars, gravel trucks, and semitrailers, the "Silver Bridge" collapsed, carrying perhaps as many as 100 people to their deaths in .
- Why not pan the gravel for it before whisking the gravel to Shasta? As the first gravel moved over the conveyor last week a $30,291 gold-reduction plant (built by Columbia .
News & Articles
- Moanalua Freeway reopened after gravel spill cleaned up
Honolulu police say Moanalua Freeway was closed heading west before the H-1 Freeway merge due to a gravel spill late Wednesday afternoon. The announcement was made just before 5 p.m. Traffic was being diverted onto the Pearl Ridge/Aiea off-ramp. The gravel was cleaned up and the freeway was reopened by 5:30 p.m. Click here for Live Wire updates on the traffic. Get breaking news alerts through ...
June 13, 2013 - KITV Honolulu
- Wind Can’t Stop Cycling’s Gravel Grinders in the Dirty Kanza
Why ride a bicycle 200 miles over crunching gravel? “Because I can,” one recent convert said about gravel grinding.
June 11, 2013 - New York Times
- Gravel mine issue may go to board
Delta Sand & Gravel is hoping that a different audience will give its expansion plan a different reception. Having been rejected by the Lane County planning director and by a Lane County hearings official, the gravel company now is seeking a hearing before the Lane County Board of Commissioners on …
June 9, 2013 - The Register-Guard
- Eric Bana in International Herald Tribune
We had been having a great day until then,Bana said. "But I misjudged a tight left-hander and we went in a little too fast - the car understeered off the road and got onto the gravel and we went into a couple of trees at a fairly low...
- Hans Herren in FOXNews
The first thing to do is to have good soil,said Hans Herren, winner of the World Food Prize. "Even the best seeds can't do anything in sand and gravel."
- David Jewitt in msnbc.com
This is quite different from the smooth dust envelopes of normal comets,said study leader David Jewitt of the University of California at Los Angeles. "The filaments are made of dust and gravel, presumably recently thrown out of the...