- n a return on a shot that seemed impossible to reach and would normally have resulted in a point for the opponent
- v come into the possession of something concrete or abstract
- v enter or assume a certain state or condition
It must be getting more serious
- v cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition
- v receive a specified treatment (abstract)
- v reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress
She didn't get to Chicago until after midnight
- v go or come after and bring or take back
- v go through (mental or physical states or experiences)
get an idea
- v take vengeance on or get even
We'll get them!
- v achieve a point or goal
- v cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
- v succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase
- v come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
- v be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness
- v communicate with a place or person; establish communication with, as if by telephone
The operator couldn't get Kobe because of the earthquake
- v give certain properties to something
get someone mad
- v move into a desired direction of discourse
- v grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of
did you get it?
She didn't get the joke
I just don't get him
- v attract and fix
- v reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot
- v reach by calculation
What do you get when you add up these numbers?
- v acquire as a result of some effort or action
You cannot get water out of a stone
Where did she get these news?
- v purchase
What did you get at the toy store?
- v perceive by hearing
She didn't get his name when they met the first time
- v suffer from the receipt of
- v receive as a retribution or punishment
- v leave immediately; used usually in the imperative form
- v reach and board
- v irritate
Her childish behavior really get to me
His lying really gets me
- v evoke an emotional response
Brahms's `Requiem' gets me every time
- v apprehend and reproduce accurately
- v earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher
- v overcome or destroy
- v be a mystery or bewildering to
- v take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
Let's get down to work now
- v undergo (as of injuries and illnesses)
- v make children
- Let's get abstract for a moment.
- Voters will face new hurdles when it comes to getting ballots, casting them and getting all the results by midnight.
- Humans have a habit of getting hooked on harmful things.
News & Articles
- Get a clue
Get a clue
June 13, 2013 - Ventura County Reporter
- Why Dads Get Short Shrift on Father’s Day – And Dads Are OK with It
When it comes to their respective days of honor, why do dads get funny ties and moms get diamond heart necklaces? Why do we spend 40% more on Mother’s Day than Father’s Day? Some seemingly ungrateful children (and a few dads) offer explanations. Every year since the National Retail Federation has been keep track, the amount consumers spend on Father’s Day gifts has been significantly less than ...
June 12, 2013 - Time Magazine
- Two Germans get a ride in a front-loader thanks to the floods across Europe.
Two Germans get a ride in a front-loader thanks to the floods across Europe. This happened on Monday in Magdeburg, Germany.
June 12, 2013 - Jalopnik