- n a recognizable kind
what make of car is that?
- n the act of mixing cards haphazardly
- v engage in
make love, not war
make an effort
- v give certain properties to something
Don't make this into a big deal
This invention will make you a millionaire
- v make or cause to be or to become
make a mess in one's office
- v cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
- v give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally
make a stir
- v create or manufacture a man-made product
- v make, formulate, or derive in the mind
make an estimate
What do you make of his remarks?
- v compel or make somebody or something to act in a certain way
Heat makes you sweat
- v create by artistic means
- v earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages
How much do you make a month in your new job?
- v create or design, often in a certain way
- v to compose or represent:"This wall forms the background of the stage setting"
This makes a fine introduction
- v reach a goal, e.g., "make the first team"
She may not make the grade
- v be or be capable of being changed or made into
He makes a great host
He will make a fine father
- v make by shaping or bringing together constituents
make a dress
make a cake
make a wall of stones
- v perform or carry out
make a decision
make a move
make a phone call
- v make by combining materials and parts
- v change from one form into another
make water into wine
make lead into gold
make clay into bricks
- v act in a certain way so as to acquire
- v charge with a function; charge to be
- v achieve a point or goal
- v reach a destination, either real or abstract
- v institute, enact, or establish
- v carry out or commit
make a mistake
- v form by assembling individuals or constituents
- v organize or be responsible for
have, throw, or make a party
- v put in order or neaten
make the bed
make up a room
- v head into a specified direction
- v have a bowel movement
- v undergo fabrication or creation
This wool makes into a nice sweater
- v be suitable for
Wood makes good furniture
- v add up to
four and four make eight
- v amount to
This salary increase makes no difference to my standard of living
- v constitute the essence of
Clothes make the man
- v appear to begin an activity
- v proceed along a path
make one's way into the forest
- v reach in time
- v gather and light the materials for
make a fire
- v prepare for eating by applying heat
can you make me an omelette?
- v induce to have sex
- v assure the success of
A good review by this critic will make your play!
- v represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like
She makes like an actress
- v consider as being
- v calculate as being
I make the height about 100 feet
- v cause to be enjoyable or pleasurable
make my day
- v favor the development of
Practice makes the winner
- v develop into
He will make a splendid father!
- v behave in a certain way
- v eliminate urine
- The intent of these efforts is not just to make the experience more pleasant, however, but also to make it more obvious who is nervous, twitchy and angry to make it easier to .
- Exclusive: How lobbyists are pulling off a synfuel scheme with help from key lawmakers and you'll pay.
- Over the course of the 2008 Presidential election, a boring speech by John McCain became so common that late-night comedians rarely found the energy to make fun of it anymore.
News & Articles
- Avalanche make MacKinnon first pick
Avalanche make MacKinnon first pick Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 9:20 pm, Sunday, June 30, 2013 The Avalanche won the draft lottery for the first time in team history and Joe Sakic, the man put in charge of Colorado's rebuilding project, had made it clear that ...
July 1, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Rockets make Asik, Lin available
Rockets make Asik, Lin available
July 1, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Make Money From Your Rent Increase - Buy These REITs
Make Money From Your Rent Increase - Buy These REITs
June 30, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Dan Gilbert in AFP
You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal,Gilbert said in the letter to the Cleveland fans. "You have given so much and deserve so much more. In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: I personally...
- Barack Obama in New York Daily News (blog)
I don't make this decision based on any difference in policy,Obama said in the Rose Garden, where the literal sweltering heat probably paled in comparsion to what McChrystal suffered in a half-hour meeting this morning with the...