- n a binding agreement between two or more persons that is enforceable by law
- n (contract bridge) the highest bid becomes the contract setting the number of tricks that the bidder must make
- n a variety of bridge in which the bidder receives points toward game only for the number of tricks he bid
- v enter into a contractual arrangement
- v engage by written agreement
- v squeeze or press together
the spasm contracted the muscle
- v be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness
- v become smaller or draw together
- v make smaller
The heat contracted the woollen garment
- v compress or concentrate
- v make or become more narrow or restricted
- v reduce in scope while retaining essential elements
- But when the contract-approval document arrived the next day for Greenhouse's signature, the term was five years.
- In the end, however, the department renewed the contract until July 2010.
- You're trading a contract obligating you to buy or sell it at a specified delivery date in the future.
News & Articles
- New contract grants city firefighters 5% pay hike
BRISTOL — A new contract between the city and the firefighters’ union grants a 5 percent pay hike over three years.
June 13, 2013 - The Bristol Press
- Contract Staffing to be Featured Topic at NAPS Conference
Contract staffing back-office service Top Echelon Contracting will be an exhibitor at the National Association of Personnel Service’s (NAPS) 53rd annual conference to be held in September. Registrations for the conference are being accepted now. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10821899.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Cosby contract renewed
Alan Cosby's contract as superintendent of Etowah County Schools was extended Tuesday night during
June 12, 2013 - The Gadsden Times
- Ben Bernanke in CNNMoney.com
Real gross domestic product will not grow much, if at all, over the first half of 2008 and could even contract slightly,Bernanke said in testimony to Congress' Joint Economic Committee. "A recession is possible."
- Roger Goodell in FOXSports.com
Goodell said "even if you did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences...... one of the...