- v squeeze or press together
- v become tight or as if tight
Her throat constricted
- Although people believe that foot binding is a problem limited to Chinese women of the past, many fashionable high heels are designed to constrict the foot by up to an inch.
- Medicated drops may make the children more sensitive to light because the pupil doesnt constrict.
- Fifty per cent of the time, Poitier and Miss Belack are charmingly affecting, but both unfortunately strain or constrict (as in "Ere Sleep Comes Down to Soothe the Weary Eyes") to .
News & Articles
- Interconnect improves electrical performance, reduces weight.
Available for D38999 Series III plug connectors as well as 2M Plugs, fiber optic connectors, high-speed copper connectors, and associated cable assemblies, Dualok Interconnect System improves electrical performance in harsh environments while helping to constrict size and conserve weight. This anti-decoupling mechanism, used on any cylindrical plug connector and backshell, reduces relative ...
June 20, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Brian Burke in Toronto Sun
I voted consistently against the concept in Vancouver, Anaheim and now in Toronto,Burke said firmly. "We have more than half the teams in the legaue make the playoffs now. But I don't think we should constrict the number of teams, either....
- Curtis Granderson in Columbus Dispatch
I'd rather take warm over cold any day,Granderson said. "It kind of puts you more comfortable. You don't have to constrict yourself by covering up the whole day. But if you've got to be out there in the cold, the rest of the guys on your...
- President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo in People's Daily Online
I ask Congress to pass the anti-terrorism law that will enable our nation to constrict, contain and control this threat more effectively,Arroyo said in a statement.