expand : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v extend in one or more directions
The dough expands
- v become larger in size or volume or quantity
his business expanded rapidly
- v make bigger or wider in size, volume, or quantity
expand the house by adding another wing
- v grow vigorously
- v exaggerate or make bigger
- v add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing
- v expand the influence of
- Fees on insurers, drug companies and others in the health care industry would finance tax credits to help expand coverage.
- New government regulations for the funding of human embryonic-stem-cell research will significantly expand the number of studies on stem-cell lines that qualify for public funds.
- Second, we should expand oil production by tapping into the extraordinary potential of oil shale.
News & Articles
- IMAX® And Cineworld Group Expand Existing Agreement To Add Three New Theatres Across The UK
IMAX® And Cineworld Group Expand Existing Agreement To Add Three New Theatres Across The UK
June 24, 2013 - CNW Group via Yahoo! Finance
- ANN ARBOR: POLITICS BRIEFS: Warren announces legislation to expand bottle deposit law; Rep. Irwin seeks to protect ...
Warren announces legislation to expand bottle deposit law
June 24, 2013 - Ann Arbor Journal
- Netflix to expand to Netherlands later this year
Netflix to expand to Netherlands later this year Subscribers will be able to stream Hollywood fare, local TV series and Netflix originals like "House of Cards" and "Arrested Development" on TVs, game consoles, computers and mobile devices. Netflix, which launched its streaming video service in 2007, expanded to Canada in 2010, Latin America in 2011 and the U.K., Ireland, Finland, Denmark, Sweden ...
June 23, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Barack Obama in AFP
Today, after a lot of hard work in Congress, we are closer than ever before to finally passing reform that will reduce costs, expand coverage, and provide more choices for our families and businesses,Obama said in his weekly radio address....
- Ben Bernanke in MarketWatch
The economy......appears to be on track to continue to expand through this year and next,Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke told Congress on June 9.
- Gordon Brown in USA Today
We will continue to expand our counterterrorism assistance program with Pakistan, and it will be, more than ever, the most comprehensive anti-terrorism program Britain has signed with any country,Brown said at a joint news conference with...