- v grow vigorously
- v make steady progress; be at the high point in one's career or reach a high point in historical significance or importance
- Berzin, 40, a chemical engineer, knew a few things about algae: they double their mass in a few hours, produce 30 times as much oil per acre as sunflowers do and thrive in sewage .
- These activists want to help democracy thrive around the world.
- These activists want to help democracy thrive around the world 05102004 Against the Tide For these four nothing is more precious than water 04052004.
News & Articles
- NBA Finals: Spurs thrive on threes, make 16 in crushing Heat on way to 2-1 series lead
SAN ANTONIO — Danny Green and Gary Neal aren’t NBA royalty like LeBron James. Either undrafted or unwanted, they were at one time more likely to be found playing in a summer league or some other country than against the mighty Miami Heat. On Tuesday, they led the San Antonio Spurs to one of the [...] The post NBA Finals: Spurs thrive on threes, make 16 in crushing Heat on way to 2-1 series lead ...
June 12, 2013 - The Chronicle-Telegram
- Ohio City: Trendy neighborhood continues to thrive
One of Cleveland's trendiest neighborhoods, continues to thrive. 19 Action News has learned of new plans that would bring more people and more business, to Ohio City.
June 11, 2013 - 19 Action News Cleveland
- Juvenile Justice System Still a Hotbed of Sexual Assault on Children: DOJ Study
Correctional facilities in the United States have a mixed record at best in teaching youthful offenders the skills they need to thrive outside of custody. Administrators in the juvenile justice system are even less effective at keeping incarcerated juveniles safe from sexual assault.
June 10, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Tim Howard in The Associated Press
That's probably going to capture more people's attention than if we won the game 3-0 and it was easy,goalkeeper Tim Howard said. "That emotion, that passion is what American sports fans thrive on."
- Barack Obama in BusinessGhana
After all, this is a nation that has never shied away from the prospect of competition. We thrive on competition -- and we are as uniquely positioned as ever to compete with anyone in the world,Obama said.
- Timothy Geithner in Philippine Star
It is imperative that we continue to move with speed to help make housing more affordable and help arrest the damaging spiral in our housing markets, just as we work to stabilize our financial system, create jobs and help businesses thrive,...