throw out :
- v force to leave or move out
- v throw or cast away
- v remove from a position or office
- v bring forward for consideration or acceptance
- v cease to consider; put out of judicial consideration
News & Articles
- Kid to Throw Out the First Pitch at a Baseball Game Through a Telepresence Robot
A sick kid from Kansas City will throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from 1800 miles away thanks to robots and fiber.
June 13, 2013 - CIO
- Boy to throw out first pitch from 1,800 miles away
Thirteen-year-old Nick LeGrande will throw out what has to be the longest first pitch in history at tonight’s A’s-Yankees game — tossing it from 1,800 miles away in his hometown of Kansas City, Mo. He’ll have a little help, of course. Nick, who has been diagnosed with severe aplastic anemia, a rare blood disorder, will make the throw using remote technology: a telerobotic pitching machine will ...
June 12, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Sick 13-year-old will throw out first pitch from 1,800 miles away with the help of a robot (Updated)
The first pitch at Wednesday's New York Yankees-Oakland Athletics game will be both history-making and heart-tugging. That's because 13-year-old Nick LeGrande — with the help of Google's technology wizards — will throw out the first pitch from 1,800 miles away … Continue reading ?
June 12, 2013 - Big League Stew via Yahoo! Sports