fling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a usually brief attempt
- n a brief indulgence of your impulses
- n the act of flinging
- v throw with force or recklessness
fling the frisbee
- v move in an abrupt or headlong manner
- v indulge oneself
- v throw or cast away
- With notable lack of enthusiasm, the lame-duck 81st Congress limped back into Washington this week for one final fling at the legislative process.
- Maybe a favorite show's been canceled; maybe the midseason replacements weren't what you hoped for; maybe you've fallen out of love with a fall fling.
- His wife claims he later had a fling with a prostitute, and that he owes her $5 million.
News & Articles
- Woman arrested on prostitution charges
A man's $30 fling with a prostitute ended before it began on Thursday, according to a West Palm Beach Police arrest report.
June 22, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Celtic Fling brings music, games, food and more to Mount Hope Estate
The heart of Celtic culture can be found this weekend at Mount Hope Estate.Music is at the center of the three-day Celtic Fling, which starts this evening with a triple-header: local favorites the Kilmaine Saints, followed by Seven Nations.Gaelic Storm, forever remembered as the steerage band from "...
June 20, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Former Little Feat singer appears at Fling Barn
HILLSBORO, Ohio | Shaun Murphy, former singer and songwriter with the group Little Feat will perform Saturday night, June 29, at The Fling Barn, south of Hillsboro.
June 19, 2013 - The Ledger Independent
- Joe Dolce in Sydney Morning Herald
Dolce says there have been about 70 "international cover versions" of Shaddap You Face "by artists as diverse as Lou Monte, Manuel of Fawlty Towers - and even rapper KRS-One. The Canberra Celtic Pipe Band does a brilliant highland fling...
- Brett Favre in International Herald Tribune
My arm is in good shape,Favre said. "It's probably not as good as it was 12 years ago, eight years ago. But I still think I fling it pretty good."
- Jeremy Peace in Soccer365
Chairman Jeremy Peace said: "We are in our last year of parachute payments from the Premiership and our aim for the next season has to be promotion - it is the same aspiration as last season but it is not the last fling of the dice."