- v remove from a position or office
The chairman was ousted after he misappropriated funds
- v remove and replace
The word processor has ousted the typewriter
- Zimbabwe President ROBERT MUGABE, in a rare interview, depicts himself as an African hero battling imperialism and foreign attempts to oust him from power.
- And they seek to oust Liberal preachers who interpret the scriptures in the light of modern thought.
- Now he says the dictator doesn't seem to have weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and that trying to oust Saddam is "extremely dangerous.
News & Articles
- Evenly matched Bruins, Blackhawks collide in Stanley Cup Finals
Based on the regular season, the Chicago Blackhawks are favored to oust the surging Boston Bruins and win their second Stanley Cup in the last four years.
June 12, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Reinstated mayor reclaims seat in Ellisville
City effort to oust him continues.
June 12, 2013 - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Bombs hit Syrian capital, at least 14 killed
DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) — Two suicide bombers targeted a police station Tuesday in Damascus, activists said, killing at least 14 people and showing the ability of insurgents to strike in the heart of the capital after rebels fighting to oust the regime suffered major battlefield setbacks elsewhere in the country.
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Yasser Arafat in The Associated Press
This decision proves the imposed siege failed to oust Hamas from power and did not achieve its objectives, but brought devastating damage to the legitimate Palestinian economy,said 34-year-old Yaser Abdel Baki, owner of a food shop in Gaza City.
- Abel Maldonado in FOXNews
I just can't believe in the middle of the night we would oust our leader,Maldonado said. "I didn't support Dave Cogdill for leader, but I didn't vote to vote him out today. It's the wrong time to make a change in the process."
- Carl Pavano in Forbes
Joe obviously has his opinions on it,Pavano told reporters. "I didn't come in here nervous that my teammates are going to oust me or give me the cold shoulder. I know that definitely there's respect to be earned. Other things that were...