outbid : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v bid over an opponent's bid when one's partner has not bid or doubled
- v bid higher than others
- Black then outbid two other conglomerates, Zapata and Textron, for a controlling interest, and AMK became United Brands.
- Coming out of the 2004-05 lockout, Versus outbid ESPN for rights to hockey games.
- Krugman doesn't offer a number, but he makes it clear that he is not going to be outbid.
News & Articles
- Revere Businessman Seeks To Outbid Red Sox For Control Of Yawkey Way
A Revere businessman is trying to outbid the Red Sox to take over Yawkey Way outside Fenway Park on game days.
June 14, 2013 - CBS Boston
- Lawyer offers to outbid Red Sox for Yawkey Way concession license
An attorney and restaurateur from Everett has offered to outbid the Red Sox for a license to sell food and drink on Yawkey Way on days when the team plays at Fenway Park, throwing a curveball at the Boston Redevelopment Authority, which has been negotiating exclusively with the ball club.
June 14, 2013 - Boston Globe
- OUTBid Auction To Benefit MGLCC
The second annual cleverly named OUTBid fund-raiser auction for the Memphis Gay and Lesbian Community Center is scheduled for Saturday, June 15th. Whether you're an adrenaline-driven, outgoing live bidder or a more laidback, introverted silent bidder (or both), there's a chance for you to bid on all sorts of items to benefit the city's only gay community center. The silent auction begins at 6:45 ...
June 12, 2013 - The Memphis Flyer
- Harry Redknapp in Sportinglife.com
Redknapp, who has already seen bids turned down for Bellamy, said: "Man City are in and when they are the others have no chance. They just outbid and outpay. It will be difficult but I haven't given up."
- John Brumby in Sydney Morning Herald
We don't reveal what we pay for events because next time we get them we will be outbid - we don't give away our trade secrets,Mr Brumby said. "It secures for us an extraordinary drive in our tourism industry - it brings people to our...
- John Boehner in Greeley Tribune
Democrats can't seem to stop trying to outbid each other - with the taxpayers' money,House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, said in a statement. "We're in tough economic times. Folks are hurting. But the American people know that more...