outdo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be or do something to a greater degree
She outdoes all other athletes
- v get the better of
- It's impossible to outdo George Orwell's wonderfully overstated appraisal of Miller in 1940 "the only imaginative prose writer of the slightest value who has appeared among the .
- At the very least, the Internet should outdo the sidewalk in delivering sales growth: holiday forecasts predict zero to 2.
- Each year in Louisiana -- where excess is a way of life -- lawmakers have tried to outdo each other in legislating harsher mandatory penalties and in reducing avenues of release.
News & Articles
- Train drain: Stop running yourself into the ground, and get more by doing less
CHICAGO -- Shortly after Matt Ancona started running to lose weight, his competitive nature kicked in. He ran a marathon, then a triathlon, and within three years he had completed an Ironman triathlon. Hoping to get faster, he sometimes trained for 20 to 25 hours a week, pushing himself to outdo his pace or mileage.
June 17, 2013 - Erie Times-News
- Luxury amenities overshadow studying in new student housing projects
Student housing developers across the country are wielding lavish amenities to attract tenants, and that might come with some academic consequences, the New York Times reports. With amenities like beach volleyball courts, game rooms and outdoor pools, these high-end...
June 17, 2013 - AnnArbor.com
- In Student Housing, Luxuries Overshadow Studying
As developers try to outdo the amenities that their competitors offer in college towns, concern is growing about the academic and social consequences of upscale off-campus student housing.
June 14, 2013 - New York Times
- Angela Merkel in International Herald Tribune
But Merkel told party delegates gathered in Stuttgart, "We will not take part in a competition to outdo one another with an endless list of new proposals, in a senseless contest over billions."
- Nick Carter in FOXNews
I am probably going to go back to the drawing board and try to outdo myself and write an even better song,Carter said.
- Guus Hiddink in CNN International
I don't know how far we have come since our preparation for the first match but usually the Dutch are a team who one cannot outdo tactically, technically or physically, but we did on all three counts,Hiddink told ITV Sport. "Of course we...