- v grow too large or too mature for
I have outgrown these clothes
- v grow faster than
- Though most people outgrow the hyperactivity aspect characterized by having trouble sitting still, moving around when others are seated, or talking while others are talking .
- As recession digs in, the city struggles to outgrow its get-rich-quick ways.
- Not surprisingly, it's a need we never outgrow.
News & Articles
- A very comforting image
I will never outgrow the deep feelings of wonder and awe that a star-filled night sky inspires.
June 11, 2013 - The Times and Democrat
- Wayne Swan in Sydney Morning Herald
Instead, with the help of fiscal and monetary stimulus, Australia has continued to outperform and outgrow nearly all other advanced economies,Mr Swan said. "Among the world's advanced economies, Australia is one of only three economies to...
- Percy Harvin in The Canadian Press
It was still meeting with a couple of doctors, and having a plan,said Harvin, who is loathe to talk about his health. "It's something you have to go through, outgrow. My mom had them when she was younger, and she's dealt with them."
- Russell Baze in Forbes
When I got started galloping horses, it was so thrilling and challenging,said Baze, already in racing's Hall of Fame. "From the start, I knew this is what I wanted to do. I was just praying I wouldn't outgrow the profession."