- v force to leave or move out
He was expelled from his native country
- v remove from a position or office
- v cause to flee
- v eliminate (a substance)
- He also had a cheeky rebelliousness toward authority, which led one headmaster to expel him and another to amuse history by saying that he would never amount to much.
- Iran wants to expel an Afghan troublemaker, but Afghans don't want him home.
- But since it was outside the womb, the labor contractions could not expel it, and it died.
News & Articles
- Student accused of making 'bomb' allowed back at Bartow High
It has been a long haul, and Kiera Wilmot just got the news she has been waiting for. The Polk School District is not going to expel her, and it is letting her go back to Bartow High this fall.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 5 Washington D.C.
- Ghana to Expel 166 Chinese for Illegal Gold Mining
Ghana plans to expel 166 Chinese nationals arrested for illegal gold mining and prostitution, while a county in China warned residents against going to the West African country to prospect for the metal.
June 6, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Jordan threatens to expel Syrian envoy over missile comments
By Suleiman Al-Khalidi AMMAN (Reuters) - U.S. ally Jordan threatened on Thursday to expel Syria's ambassador after he warned the kingdom that Syrian missiles could be used against Patriot batteries due to be deployed soon along their border. Foreign Minister Nasser Joudeh told state news agency Petra that Ambassador Bahjat Suleiman, a former general and intelligence chief who is a member of ...
June 6, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in BBC News
Referring to the recent clampdown on the foreign media in Iran, Mr Obama said: "In 2009 no iron fist is strong enough to shut off the world from bearing witness to the peaceful pursuit of justice. Despite the Iranian government's efforts to expel...
- David Petraeus in Economic Times
There are no questions about the longstanding lengths. Let's remember that we funded the ISI to build these organisations when they were the Mujahideen and helping to expel the Soviets from Afghanistan,he added.
- Melanie Sloan in FOXNews
If so, the ethics committee should recommend that the Senate expel Sen. Burris for improper conduct that reflects upon the Senate,said Melanie Sloan, the group's director.