exhaust : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n gases ejected from an engine as waste products
- n system consisting of the parts of an engine through which burned gases or steam are discharged
- v wear out completely
This kind of work exhausts me
- v use up (resources or materials)
We exhausted our savings
- v deplete
exhaust one's savings
- v use up the whole supply of
We have exhausted the food supplies
- v eliminate (a substance)
combustion products are exhausted in the engine
- Temperate traffic policemen who grow dizzy on duty know that they are not drunk, but are mildly poisoned by carbon monoxide puffing invisibly from motor vehicle exhausts.
- Growing evidence suggests that pollutants in car exhaust may trigger heart attacks.
- Nor was it clear which of the many components of urban air were the most hazardous the fine particulates from burning fossil fuels that come from exhaust pipes, or the ozone .
News & Articles
- Why Is The Chinese Government In The Car-Modifying Business?
Estimates of China's new-car sales by 2020 range from 22 million to 31 million per year. It's no stretch to imagine the chrome wheels and coffee-can exhaust business spiking along with it. So, you won't be surprised that a local Beijing government built a huge complex outside the city just for tuning shops. It's called Tuner Tribe, also known by some as Cool Cars Town. It's a massive, former ...
June 13, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Bathroom exhaust fan explodes, igniting apartment fire
A bathroom exhaust fan explosion caused a small fire and about $15,000 worth of damage to a West Tropicana Avenue apartment complex Monday morning, fire officials said.
June 11, 2013 - Las Vegas Sun
- Oxford fire station to get diesel exhaust system
OXFORD - The town will get a diesel exhaust ventilation system for the fire station.
June 11, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- John McCain in Yahoo! News
The consequences of failure are so severe that I will exhaust every possibility to try to fix this situation,McCain says. "It's not just Iraq that they're interested in. It's the region, and then us."
- Barack Obama in CNN International
Obama said that "this is the toughest issue we will face. We are going to exhaust every avenue that we have to prosecute those at Guantanamo who pose a danger to our country."
- Michael Hayden in Washington Times
The latest Army Field Manual limits the use of force, but Mr. Hayden said, "The Army Field Manual does not exhaust the universe of lawful interrogation techniques."