- n a disorderly crowd of people
- n an overwhelming defeat
- v cause to flee
rout out the fighters from their caves
- v dig with the snout
- v make a groove in
- v defeat disastrously
- There was only one way to describe Barack Obama's victory over Hillary Clinton and John Edwards in South Carolina: It was a rout.
- President Obama departs The White House en route Andrews Air Force Base; 9:15 am; President Obama departs Andrews Air Force Base en route Vienna, Ohio.
- A successful navigation of the Northeast Passage off Russia's inhospitable coast promises a faster shipping route between Europe and Asia.
News & Articles
- SeaWolves hammer Fisher Cats in 16-2 rout
MANCHESTER, N.H. -- The Erie SeaWolves pounded out 24 hits to rout the New Hampshire Fisher Cats 16-2 tonight at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
June 16, 2013 - Erie Times-News
- Cardinal wins 16-2 softball rout
DANVILLE — The Cardinal softball team got its head back above .500 with a 16-2, seven-inning rout of Danville Thursday. The Comets, who improved to 9-8 with the victory, finished the game with a pair of home runs and eight total extra base hits. Lindsey Davis and Lindsay Moore belted the two dingers for Cardinal. Davis also hit a double and had two runs batted in, and Moore finished 2-for-5 ...
June 14, 2013 - The Fairfield Ledger
- Spurs rout Heat 113-77 in Game 3 of NBA Finals
Spurs rout Heat 113-77 in Game 3 of NBA Finals
June 12, 2013 - WTVY Dothan
- Barack Obama in BBC News
Mr Obama said it was time to renew nations' resolve to "rout the terrorists who threaten our security in Afghanistan and the traffickers who sell drugs on your streets".
- Tony Blair in Xinhua
In an interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), Blair said: "People thought it was going to be a rout and it's not turned out like that ...... These results provide a perfectly good springboard to win in the general election."
- Ian McEwan in Forbes
McEwan writes: "It was a rout and this was its terminus."