eject : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v put out or expel from a place
- v eliminate (a substance)
- v leave an aircraft rapidly, using an ejection seat or capsule
- v cause to come out in a squirt
- Click the "kick" button to eject them.
- He once literally tackled a stubborn heckler at a Howard Dean rally after the security staff failed to eject the man.
- Last week, for all Neutralist Nehru's past protestations that India would never use force tp eject the Portuguese from the last European colony on Indian soil, his armed forces .
News & Articles
- Notre Dame, Arizona State set date for 2014
Notre Dame intended to eject Arizona State from its 2014 schedule in order to manage better the first season of a five-games-per-year ACC deal.
June 12, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Oxnard council meeting, with gavel clash, shows new dynamics in play
Before Oxnard's council meeting wrapped up at 3 a.m., chambers were jolted by a loud gavel strike from the mayor, who threatened to eject a colleague from the dais.
June 12, 2013 - Ventura County Star
- Police: 2 seriously injured in DUII crash
Two men suffered serious injuries when a drunk driver lost control of his speeding car and slid into a roadside ditch, causing the car to overturn and eject the driver early Tuesday morning, Oregon State Police said.
June 11, 2013 - KVAL Eugene
- Rio Ferdinand in International Herald Tribune
The high-tech cameras should be able to pick up the people who are doing that kind of stuff and eject them from the ground,Ferdinand said. "That is the only way I can see to stop it happening. We are talking about a football match. There...
- Muqtada al-Sadr in Reuters
The martyr gave most of his time to eject the occupiers ...... And for this reason the hand of the hateful occupation and terrorism killed him,Sadr said in a statement as hundreds of supporters gathered to bury Ugaili.
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Forbes
French President Nicolas Sarkozy said during a trip to Dakar, Senegal, that he supports Tour organizers "because they have the courage to eject cheaters."