- n the act of flipping a coin
- n (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team
- n an abrupt movement
a toss of his head
- v throw or toss with a light motion
toss me newspaper
- v lightly throw to see which side comes up
- v throw carelessly
- v move or stir about violently
- v throw or cast away
- v agitate
toss the salad
- In Portfolios of the Poor, New York University economist Jonathan Morduch and his co-authors toss out other reasons microinsurance may be a hard sell.
- Which means that whichever team wins a totally random coin toss to determine who gets the first possession has a better shot at winning the game.
- He said no direct word about Argentina's Chapultepec and United Nations promises to toss out his Nazi friends; that he would leave to Congress.
News & Articles
- Cricket-Australia win the toss, bat first v New Zealand
June 12 (Reuters) - Australia won the toss and chose to bat first in their Champions Trophy Group A match against New Zealand at Edgbaston, Birmingham, on Wednesday. Australia included batsman Glenn Maxwell in place of the suspended David Warner and brought in spinner Xavier Doherty for pace bowler Mitchell Starc. New Zealand are unchanged from the team that beat Sri Lanka in their opening match ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Teen to toss 1st pitch via telerobot
In what is believed to be a baseball first as far as ceremonial first pitches, 13-year-old Nick LeGrande will take the toss before the Yankees-Athletics game from his home in Kansas City, Mo., by using a robotic pitching machine.
June 12, 2013 - Fox Sports
- Coin toss decides Rienzi alderman's election - WXVT-TV Delta News - More Local News and Weather WXVT.com |
RIENZI, Miss. (AP) - Harold W. Palmer has won a coin toss and the election to an alderman's post in Rienzi. The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports ( http://bit.ly/1brGTlj ) that town officials learned this past week from the secretary of state's office that the tie vote between Palmer, with 45 votes, and Melissa Bearden Morgan, 45 votes, had to be decided by a coin toss or a straw pull.
June 11, 2013 - WXVT 15 Greenville
- Rob Bironas in Reuters
I was hoping for exactly what happened, we'd win the toss (in overtime) and get another shot at it,Bironas told reporters. "I don't miss many so I definitely wanted another shot at it to put us in the lead and go home with the victory."
- Sachin Tendulkar in eTaiwan News
Today, we can tell the result of close to 75 per cent of matches after the toss,said Tendulkar. "We know how the conditions will affect the two teams. If it's a day-night match then both the teams will have to bat under lights. The...
- Chris Pronger in SI.com
It's a toss up,said defenseman Chris Pronger, in his first season with Anaheim. "Any team can get hot, much like we did last year in Edmonton as the eighth seed."