- v make larger
She enlarged the flower beds
- v make large
- v become larger or bigger
- v add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing
- Since the treaty is necessary for enlargement and has to be ratified by all 15 member states, the people will have spoken and the process will be irreparably smashed.
- Mar 29-Apr 4: Click to enlarge.
- April 9-15: Click to enlarge.
News & Articles
- TORNADO: Howard Enterprises
The warehouse section of Howard Enterprises was destroyed. (Enlarge by clicking on photo to the left.)
June 19, 2013 - The Belmond Independent
- Coming Attractions: Newest Park Slated For Mission Bay to be "P10"
Mission Bay's P10 site (click to enlarge) A new park is set for Mission Bay along Mission Bay Circle and Mission Bay Drive. The space is part of the Mission Bay South Redevelopment Plan and the P10 lot was...
June 18, 2013 - Curbed SF
- Practice laps
Enlarge Image LORRIE CECIL/THISWEEKNEWS Raymond Kenney gives his 10-year-old horse, Chris Lee, a workout at the Hartford Fairgrounds on June 13. The fairgrounds will be active in a few weeks for the 155th Hartford Fair, slated Aug. 3-10.
June 17, 2013 - This Week Johnstown
- Al Gore in International Herald Tribune
While dismissing a suggestion that he pulled his punches eight years ago, Gore said his goal now is to "enlarge the political space" within which politicians can "deal with the climate challenge."
- Tan Dun in Washington Post
I had three essential aims in mind when making changes,Tan Dun said in a statement released by the Met. "I wanted to enlarge the traditional Chinese elements: the Peking Opera-style scenes and the character of the Shaman. Secondly, I aimed...
- George Miller in USA Today
We want to increase the Pell grant,said Rep. George Miller, D-Calif., chairman of the Education and Labor Committee. "We hope to be able to enlarge the tax deductions for parents paying for tuition and the cost of college beyond that."