magnify : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v increase in size, volume or significance
- v to enlarge beyond bounds or the truth
- v make large
- Even if you accept that cross-nursing is for the collective good, wet nurses magnify the discomfort that many people already feel about the wealthy employing less advantaged women .
- Aerial views of urban areas magnify the damage seen on the ground.
- Evil possesses an instinct for theater, which is why, in an era of gaudy and gifted media, evil may vastly magnify its damage by the power of horrific images.
News & Articles
- Art & Soul: Beauty emerges from abstractions
Photographer Kate Greene rejoices at beauty glimpsed in decay. Her "extracted photographs," on display at Starland Caf through the end of July, magnify tiny details until they assume macrocosmic dimensions.
June 23, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- A new method that is 700 times faster than the norm is developed to magnify digital images
( Elhuyar Fundazioa ) Aránzazu Jurío-Munárriz, a graduate in computer engineering from the Public University of Navarre, has in her Ph.D. thesis presented new methods for improving two of the most widespread means used in digital image processing: magnification and thresholding. Her algorithm to magnify images stands out not only due to the quality obtained but also due to the time it takes to ...
June 21, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- New method 700 times faster than the norm for magnifying digital images
Scientists have developed new methods for improving two of the most widespread means used in digital image processing: magnification and thresholding. The new algorithm to magnify images stands out not only due to the quality obtained but also due to the time it takes to execute, which is 700 times less than other existing methods that obtain the same quality.
June 21, 2013 - Science Daily
- Mahmoud Abbas in guardian.co.uk
In a statement, Mr Abbas said: "This oppressive decision will only tighten the stifling embargo imposed on 1.5 million people in the Gaza Strip, increase their suffering and magnify their tragedy."
- Joe Maddon in New York Times
We've just run into a little bit of a snag hitting-wise and when you don't hit, all of a sudden everybody wants to magnify the negativity about it,Rays Manager Joe Maddon said. "We're playing well right now. We're just not hitting."
- Bill Gates in PR Newswire (press release)
The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency,said Bill Gates.