capture : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property
- n a process whereby a star or planet holds an object in its gravitational field
- n any process in which an atomic or nuclear system acquires an additional particle
- n the act of taking of a person by force
- n the removal of an opponent's piece from the chess board
- v succeed in representing or expressing something intangible
capture the essence of Spring
capture an idea
- v attract; cause to be enamored
She captured all the men's hearts
- v succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase
- v bring about the capture of an elementary particle or celestial body and causing it enter a new orbit
This nucleus has captured the slow-moving neutrons
The star captured a comet
- v take possession of by force, as after an invasion
The militia captured the castle
- v capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping
- With his capture, we exhale, after a long, deep breath we have held for a year.
- Wind is a wonderfully renewable source of energy, but until now ordinary consumers who wanted to live off of--or contribute to--the electrical grid had no way to capture it.
- His capture also raises a dilemma for those insurgents looking to broaden the appeal of their rebellion Saddam may have been more use to them as a symbol of the past, rather .
News & Articles
- How Life Capture App Saga Saves Cell Phone Battery from GPS’ Hunger for Power
A life capture app literally captures your location and other information with the goal of suggesting places of potential interest (yawn). Saga came out last summer and quickly ran into a problem: all the GPS pinging was draining cell phone batteries and turning off customers. Instead of... Continue reading
June 21, 2013 - All Points Blog
- Ironbirds capture Babe Ruth baseball title
Photos by Brent Tetlow - The Ironbirds scored six unanswered runs to capture the Elk Grove Babe Ruth Baseball title with a 6-1 win over the Knights.
June 21, 2013 - Elk Grove Citizen
- Gameplay Capture Gets Easier For Hauppauge Owners
While recording gameplay video should be a breeze on Sony and Microsoft’s next-gen consoles, for now, it’s often accomplished through external hardware. Hauppauge, manufacturer of the popular HD PVR 2 video recorder, has released an updated capture program called, fittingly, “Hauppauge Capture.” It can be downloaded for free and used by all HD PVR 2 owners. The program adds a slew of features ...
June 20, 2013 - Game Informer
- Barack Obama in AOL News
During his Oval Office speech on the spill June 15, President Barack Obama said, "In the coming days and weeks, these efforts should capture up to 90 percent of the oil leaking out of the well."
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Truthdig
This intelligence saved lives and prevented terrorist attacks,Cheney said. "These detainees also, according to the documents, played a role in nearly every capture of al Qaeda members and associates since 2002."
- Tim Howard in The Associated Press
That's probably going to capture more people's attention than if we won the game 3-0 and it was easy,goalkeeper Tim Howard said. "That emotion, that passion is what American sports fans thrive on."