convey : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make known; pass on, of information
She conveyed the message to me
- v serve as a means for expressing something
- v transfer to another
- v transmit a title or property
- v transmit or serve as the medium for transmission
- v take something or somebody with oneself somewhere
- v go or come after and bring or take back
- I see the fruits of a time-consuming effort to convey a carefully calculated image.
- What ideas or emotions does it convey? What does it suggest or argue for or against? Do you believe that it communicates effectively? 2.
- With its iconic red-bordered cover, PTI has never lost its singular power to convey the significance of a particular person, event, issue or idea.
News & Articles
- Driving the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, the World's Fastest Roadster
There simply aren¿t enough superlatives to describe the Bugatti Veyron. Calling it fast, opulent and stupidly expensive does not convey the unbridled lunacy of the world¿s fastest car. It¿s even harder to describe driving a Veyron, because there is nothing else like it on the planet.
June 13, 2013 - Wired News
- Victor Butler injury: Where do Saints go from here?
We've already got the players to be the No. 1 defense. You get a defensive coordinator in there, a guy who's going to be passionate and convey that passion to the players, I wouldn't be surprised if we were the No. 1 defense in all categories next year.
June 13, 2013 - Philly.com
- New Multiplex Pump For Volume Flows Up To 1800 l/h
Lewa GmbH worked with experts from Nikkiso in Japan to develop the Ecosmart Multiplex with more flexibility in meeting the requirements of the various fields in which the Ecosmart pumps are used, and to convey larger total volume flows
June 13, 2013 - FoodOnline
- Barack Obama in AFP
I wish to convey my best wishes to Aung San Suu Kyi, the world's only imprisoned Nobel Peace laureate, on the occasion of her 65th birthday on June 19,Obama said in his message. "I once again call on the Burmese government to release Aung...
- President Bush in WNBC
I asked the secretary to call him to convey this message: that we expect there to be elections as soon as possible, and that the president should remove his military uniform,Bush said. "Previous to his decision we made it clear that these...
- Brian Cashman in ESPN
We expressed our interest in keeping him in pinstripes, and requested the opportunity to convey those feelings to him directly with the Steinbrenner family in an open, face-to-face dialogue,Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said in a...