- n the period of time during which you are absent from work or duty
a ten day's leave to visit his mother
- n permission to do something
she was granted leave to speak
- n the act of departing politely
he took his leave
- v go away from a place
At what time does your train leave?
She didn't leave until midnight
The ship leaves at midnight
- v go and leave behind, either intentionally or by neglect or forgetfulness
- v act or be so as to become in a specified state
- v leave unchanged or undisturbed or refrain from taking
leave it as is
leave the young fawn alone
leave the flowers that you see in the park behind
- v move out of or depart from
leave the room
- v make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain
This leaves no room for improvement
leave lots of time for the trip
- v have as a result or residue
- v remove oneself from an association with or participation in
She wants to leave
- v put into the care or protection of someone
leave your child the nurse's care
- v leave or give by will after one's death
- v have left or have as a remainder
19 minus 8 leaves 11
- v be survived by after one's death
- v transmit (knowledge or skills)
leave your name and address here
- v leave behind unintentionally
- Photo-illustration by Arthur Hochstein The first, represented by many congressional Democrats, argues that it is past the time for America to leave.
- Before the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, an employee requesting leave for family or medical reasons was often at the whim of his employer.
- This link from Reuters via Yahoo! News, sent by my pal Gerry, who writes, "I don't know which is odder, that heartache leave exists or that it's only a couple of days.
News & Articles
- Leave Fireworks to the Professionals this Fourth of July
AUSTIN, Texas, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- June is Fireworks Eye Safety Awareness Month, and the Texas Ophthalmological Association (TOA) wants to remind consumers to leave fireworks to professionals. "Too many Fourth of July celebrations are ruined because a child has to be rushed to the emergency room after a fireworks accident," said David K. Coats, MD, TOA President and ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- US To Leave Missiles, Jets Behind In Jordan After Military Exercise (Video)
The U.S. troops currently in Jordan participating in the military exercise Eager Lion plan to leave the country Thursday when the training ends. But the Pentagon says they'll be leaving behind a detachment of F-16s and U.S. Patriot missiles at Jordan's request.
June 17, 2013 - KPBS San Diego
- Chinese dissident to leave New York University shortly
By Jonathan Allen NEW YORK (Reuters) - Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng, who left his home country last year and became a visiting scholar at New York University, will leave the school this summer, but will likely remain in the United States, university officials said on Thursday. Chen made international headlines last year when he escaped house arrest in China's Shandong province, after ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Bill Parcells in Seattle Times
I am in good health and feel lucky to have been able to coach in the NFL for an extended period of time,Parcells said. "I leave the game and the NFL with nothing but good feelings and gratitude to all the players, coaches and other people...
- Diego Maradona in The Sun
Maradona said: "I may leave tomorrow. I'll have to think carefully about it and talk with my family and the players."
- David Cameron in The Associated Press
He said that as soon as Afghans "are able to take care and take security for their own country, that is when we can leave."