- n a woman who has given birth to a child (also used as a term of address to your mother)
the mother of three children
- n a stringy slimy substance consisting of yeast cells and bacteria; forms during fermentation and is added to cider or wine to produce vinegar
- n a term of address for an elderly woman
- n a term of address for a mother superior
- n a condition that is the inspiration for an activity or situation
necessity is the mother of invention
- v care for like a mother
- v make children
- Until the night of June 3, 1989, Ding Zilin and her associates considered themselves ordinary mothers.
- Here was a kid, accountable in the world as a black, being raised by whites--mother, grandmother, and grandfather.
- A mother-son relationship can sometimes exact a heavy price Industrialist Andrew Carnegie's mother begged him not to marry until after she died; he waited one year after.
- Mark Sanford in New York Daily News
I want to take full responsibility for the moral failure that led us to this tragic point. Jenny is a great person, and has been a remarkable wife, mother and First Lady,Sanford said at the time.
- Ashton Kutcher in The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
ASSOCIATED PRESSOf the death of Brittany Murphy, ex-boyfriend Ashton Kutcher says on his twitter account, "My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon."
- Prince Harry in FOXNews
To us, just two loving children, she was quite simply the best mother in the world,Harry said.