- n a brutal terrorist group active in Kashmir; fights against India with the goal of restoring Islamic rule of India
- n a serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again
- v make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen
- v actively cause something to happen
I let it be known that I was not interested
- v consent to, give permission
I won't let the police search her basement
- v cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition
This let me in for a big surprise
- v leave unchanged
let it be
- v grant use or occupation of under a term of contract
- Let's let these candidates get a little skin in this game.
- Spring is here and that means the sex education wars are about to flare up once again when Congress decides whether to eliminate--or let expire--about $170M in annual funding for .
- A new book codifies the agony of romantic love Dear Ralph, Your four love letters arrived today.
News & Articles
- Wk 5 - PM - Let's Be Crafty!
In Let's Be Crafty! you will explore all the fun that can be had using a variety of materials to sculpt, paint, build and print imaginative works. Enjoy making art you can wear, play with, or simply admire, as you create wonderful summer keepsakes.
June 29, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Let’s Move program provides farmer’s market bouncy houses
News-Times/Rachael Ruybalid - Delton Deal gets some help from Ruth Koch on getting inside one of the bouncy houses while York Mayor Chuck Harris keeps an eye on the action. The Let’s Move Program provided two bouncy houses on Thursday night at the York Farmer’s Market.
June 29, 2013 - York News-Times
- Let's skewer some fish
Let's make fish kebobs. Kebobs - pieces of grilled or roasted meat on a spit or skewer - apparently originated in the Middle East, but now are popular all over the world.
June 27, 2013 - Peninsula Clarion
- Barack Obama in CNN (blog)
Let me be clear: [Well owner] BP is responsible for this leak. BP will be paying the bill. But as president of the United States, I'm going to spare no effort to respond to this crisis for as long as it continues,Obama said.
- Mark Cavendish in The Associated Press
It's incredible, it's been a long time,said Cavendish of his stage win. "Yesterday wasn't that great for us. I let the guys down."
- President Bush in USA Today
On this day, at this hour, it is still within our power to shape the outcome of this battle,Bush said. "Let us find our resolve and turn events toward victory."