- n events that provide the generative force that is the origin of something
they are trying to determine the cause of the crash
- n a justification for something existing or happening
he had no cause to complain
- n a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end
they worked in the cause of world peace
- n any entity that produces an effect or is responsible for events or results
- n a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy
- v give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally
cause a commotion
cause an accident
- v cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
- Possible causes and consequences of the Columbia crash .
- Two pages of print, as appearing in The Atlantic Monthly, recently caused that magazine to be noticed by editors and politicians whose acquaintance with the Atlantic is .
- How We Grew So Big Diet and lack of exercise are immediate causesbut our problem began in the Paleolithic era.
News & Articles
- Cause of Arcade fire under investigation
ARCADE - The Arcade Fire Department and the State Fire Marshall's Office are looking for the cause of a residential fire Wednesday night. According to Jackson County Emergency Services Director Steve Nichols, it happened at 468 Rock Forge Road in Arcade.
June 13, 2013 - AccessNorthGa.com
- Cause of fatal fire unknown
The cause of a fatal fire in May remains undetermined.
June 12, 2013 - Newton Citizen
- Cause Of Vacant House Fire In Madison Under Investigation
The cause of a vacant house fire in Madison remained under investigation Monday morning.
June 11, 2013 - News Channel 5 Nashville
- Paris Hilton in Torrington Register Citizen
Hilton wrote on Twitter later: "Hey guys, there's a lot of crazy rumors going around. Just want you all to know the truth. Everything is completely fine. I was not charged or arrested, cause I didn't do anything."
- Robert Kennedy in Brattleboro Reformer
I direct my personal representative to cause my personal remains to be cremated and to plan a wake for me conducted by those who have had no financial ties to me and can look each other in the eyes and say they really cared personally for Gary... Gary Coleman http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Coleman&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE1C9guw913CoOzDesxSC37panyNQ Afro American http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.afro.com/sections/news/national/story.htm%3Fstoryid%3D1601&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFM3Izuyr0xz7RRDty6pM9BStcTrw Jun 21, 2010
15872 22084 cause For me, a few hours ago, this campaign came to an end," Kennedy said to a packed Madison Square Garden. "For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dream shall never...