lawsuit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy
- A new lawsuit asks whether men should be allowed to get.
- Photographer Ivan Kashinsky trails Pablo Fajardo, a lawyer who represents 30,000 Ecuadorians in a lawsuit against the oil giant Chevron.
- Since the lawsuit against MySpace also names Solis as a defendant, Reposa said he will "cross-file" and also sue MySpace and its owner, News Corporation.
- Roger Goodell in USA Today
I don't know enough of the details, but it's a civil lawsuit. It's something that we obviously will look into,Goodell said Tuesday when asked about it in New York during an unrelated news conference. "I've been in touch with the Steelers...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in BusinessWeek
President Obama has spoken out against the law because he thinks that the federal government should be determining immigration policy,Clinton said. "And the Justice Department, under his direction, will be bringing a lawsuit against the...
- Ernie Chambers in Forbes
This lawsuit having been filed and being of such questionable merit creates a circumstance where my lawsuit is appropriately filed,Chambers said. "People might call it frivolous but if they read it they'll see there are very serious issues...