lawyer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a professional person authorized to practice law; conducts lawsuits or gives legal advice
- Born in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Ervin was the son of a relentlessly upright lawyer.
- A white-haired lawyer from Wall Street sat in a straw hut at Panmunjom last week, while Chinese and North Korean Communists on the other side of the table paid him their.
- A Republican lawyer claims she was told that Karl Rove while serving as President Bush's top political adviser had intervened in the Justice Department's prosecution of .
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
Obama said Clinton was "a corporate lawyer sitting on the board at Wal-Mart" while he was fighting for working-class Americans in Illinois.
- President Bush in New York Daily News
The reputation he gained through his years of public service and professional work in the legal community is forever damaged,Bush said. "The consequences of his felony conviction on his former life as a lawyer, public servant and private...
- David Stern in SI.com
No other NBA officials or players were expected to be involved in the scandal, which Stern called the "most serious situation and worst situation that I have ever experienced either as a fan of the NBA, a lawyer for the NBA or a commissioner of the...