lay-up : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a basketball shot made with one hand from a position under or beside the basket (and usually banked off the backboard)
- He cut again: Steve Goodrich bounced a perfect pass, Lewullis made a tricky lay-up, and the Tigers toppled the defending champs.
- The team's point guard phenom, 17-year old Ricky Rubio, dazzled the crowd with a no-look pass for a Pau Gasol lay-up, and a behind-the-back shake of Jason Kidd.
- Somehow, in mid-air he shuffled the ball to his left hand and scooped in a flying lay-up.
News & Articles
- NBA roundup: LeBron's lay-up a winner
LeBron James made a lay-up as time expired in overtime, and the Miami Heat found a way to beat the Indiana Pacers, 103-102, in a wild Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals Wednesday night.
June 12, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Stay in game for successful job search
Suppose you are 5 feet 9 inches tall, and weigh about'0 pounds, and you are dribbling the basketball down the court full speed, going for a lay-up, when all of a sudden you see LeBron James of The Miami Heat coming up in front of you.
June 10, 2013 - Detroit News