layoff : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of laying off an employee or a work force
- Though the recession's bloodletting diminished last month, to about 180,000 layoffs--down 25% from the record set in September--it continues to make news.
- Jessica RinaldiReuters A look at the companies which announced layoffs in December and January demonstrates that almost no industry is immune from job losses due to this .
- They announced layoffs in my division this morning.
News & Articles
- Ludington Area Public Schools Layoff 3 Teachers
A local school district will layoff a handful of teachers. Ludington Area Public Schools made the decision to layoff 3 teachers at a special board meeting this morning. They won't renew the contracts
June 11, 2013 - 9&10 News Cadillac
- ASD sends out layoff notices to dozens of teachers
The pink slips are coming out in the Allentown School District. Union officials said 99 teachers received layoff notices in the mail late last week. Under their current contract, the district was required to notify affected teachers by June 7. The district has until June 30 to approve a final budget, so there's a possibility that some of those teachers could be brought back, but the union ...
June 10, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Layoff notices begin in Philly school district
Layoff notices begin in Philly school district The state's largest district, serving about 204,000 traditional and charter school students, Philadelphia has not been able to keep pace with rising costs despite closing more than 30 schools and cutting hundreds of central office workers. The district is struggling with pension and health care contributions, payments for increasing charter ...
June 7, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle