layperson : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who is not a clergyman or a professional person
- But journal articles generally assume readers understand that correlation is not causation, a subtlety that may be lost on the layperson.
- Although Sotomayor, who was raised in a housing project a few miles from Yankee Stadium in the South Bronx, admitted that "I know nothing about this, except what a common layperson .
- Jansari told PTI he expected the evaluation would "try to capitalize on the discrepancy between true amnesia and what a layperson would think it is.
News & Articles
- Letters to the Editor June 6, 2013
Privatizing authority is of questionable legality At the joint supervisors/City Council meeting on May 21, county Supervisor Roger Gitlin stated publicly that he had received a confidential memo from legal counsel regarding the possible legal implications of privatizing the Solid Waste Authority due to a Costa Mesa case. As a layperson, the case seems quite simple. The Costa Mesa City Council ...
June 8, 2013 - The Daily Triplicate
- Roger Bacon High School appoints new president
Thomas W. Burke has been appointed the President of Roger Bacon High School. Burke, a 1969 graduate of Roger Bacon, is only the second president in the school's history and the first layperson to hold the position.
June 6, 2013 - FOX 19 Cincinnati
- Cardinal Francis George in Jewish Telegraphic Agency
No Catholic, whether layperson, priest or bishop, can ever negate the memory of the Shoah, just as no Catholic should ever tolerate expressions of anti-Semitism and religious bigotry,George said in the statement which expressed sympathy for...
- Cardinal Roger Mahony in USA Today
At this time, I again offer my personal apology to every victim who has suffered sexual abuse by a priest, religious, deacon or layperson in this Archdiocese,Mahony said. "It is the shared hope of everyone in our local church that these...
- Dalton McGuinty in CBC.ca
I'm just reacting as a human being, and as a layperson. When I hear this story and learn a little bit more about it, I think it affects all of us,McGuinty told reporters. "And we ask ourselves, well, how did we go wrong? As a society, how...