layman : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who is not a clergyman or a professional person
- The strugglingest man in church on Sundays is generally the fellow known as an "active Christian layman.
- For the first time in its history, a layman has become chief executive officer in the 3,300,000-member United Presbyterian Church.
- For the first time in its ten-year history, the National Council of Churches last week elected a layman as its president.
News & Articles
- Herbie D and the Dangermen, In Layman Terms triumph at Richmond blues competition
Two area bands won honors at the River City Blues Society of Virginia 's annual blues competition in Richmond on Sunday. Herbie D and The Dangermen took the event's top prize while In Layman Terms was also earned a distinction.
June 11, 2013 - Daily Press
- Business awards and achievers
Morgan Stanley announced Jeff Layman, a senior vice president and portfolio management director with The Layman Group in the wealth management office in Springfield and Kansas City, has been named to the firm's Master's Club, a group composed of the firm'
June 11, 2013 - The Springfield News-Leader
- Layman with an open mic
After a funeral in which a family member spoke, a preacher involved made the remark that the most dangerous thing a preacher could do was to give a layman an open microphone.
June 9, 2013 - Baytown Sun
- Robert Mugabe in Forbes
Where is the godliness? Don't listen to what they say .......... One cannot tell the difference between a bishop and a layman anymore. Some of them have sworn to celibacy but they sleep around,Mugabe told supporters on July 7.
- Fernando Lugo in AFP
I am a layman thankful to his church, anchored by his faith and his humble background,a teary-eyed Lugo, wearing sandals and a simple white shirt, said as he took over from outgoing president Nicanor Duarte.
- Ben Howland in Los Angeles Daily News
Arron is about winning, about making his team win,Howland said. "You do so many other things to help your team win than just shoot the basketball. For the layman, that's all they see, someone making points. But Arron gets it. Arron...