campaign : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a race between candidates for elective office
I managed his campaign for governor
- n a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end
he supported populist campaigns
- n several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal (usually within geographical and temporal constraints)
- n an overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa)
- v run, stand, or compete for an office or a position
- v exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for
- v go on a campaign; go off to war
- The Supreme Court, in a case that arose from a film attacking Hillary Clinton, wrestled on Wednesday with whether to overturn prohibitions on political campaign spending by .
- The Supreme Court appears poised to wipe away limits on campaign spending by corporations and labor unions in time for next year's congressional elections.
- I've scored prime seating here on the Obama campaign plane.
News & Articles
- Campaign urges 'every pedestrian is important'
A safe driving campaign aims to tell motorists that every pedestrian is important to someone.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 5 Las Vegas
- Pryor campaign pushes back against the latest lame ad from Super Pac
Super Pac puts out forgettable ad. Pryor campaign says we don't need no stinking outsiders. Rinse, lather, repeat. The latest ad out today from Senate Conservatives Action is more or less a re-hash of their first ad. Various conservative activists say the words "liberal" and "Obama" a bunch, and sadly tell the camera that "Mark Pryor left us" (though surely no one in this crew would have ...
June 12, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Ad campaign shows pregnant teen boys to prove a point
CHICAGO (WTKR) – A new ad campaign aimed at reducing teen pregnancy is turning some heads. That’s because they feature...
June 12, 2013 - WTKR Norfolk
- Mitt Romney in Boston Globe (registration)
In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror,Romney told the conference.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in New Statesman
Shame on you, Barack Obama,Clinton said animatedly. "It's time you ran a campaign consistent with your messages in public. That's what I expect from you."
- Harry Reid in Examiner.com
I was a proud and enthusiastic supporter of Barack Obama during the campaign and have worked as hard as I can to advance President Obama's legislative agenda,the senator from Nevada said.