- n a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end
- n any of the more or less continuous military expeditions in the 11th to 13th centuries when Christian powers of Europe tried to recapture the Holy Land from the Muslims
- v exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for
- v go on a crusade; fight a holy war
- The Crusade's crusade was quickly taken up by the John Birch Society, whose founder, Robert Welch, decided that sex education was a "filthy Communist plot," akin to community .
- For now, both FIDE and WBF will continue their global crusades for Olympic acceptance.
News & Articles
- Komen 3-Day cancer walk shelved next year for Cleveland, but Berea teen's crusade continues
The news that the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk will not return to Cleveland next year,won't stop Lindsay Tabell's crusade to end breast cancer.
June 12, 2013 - The Sun Press
- Creator of iconic Crusade logo dies
(WHAS11) -- The man who designed the iconic logo for the WHAS Crusade for Children has passed away. Dave Dumeyer died on Sunday. He received the Buddy Award at the 51st Crusade in 2004. A World War II veteran, Dumeyer was the art director here at WHAS11 for 32 years and was an integral part of the Crusade for its first 50 years. He even has a Crusade brick named for him outside the WHAS11 ...
June 11, 2013 - WHAS TV11 Louisville
- New Warhammer MMO coming to Xbox One, PS4
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One in 2015 from Naughty Bear developer Behaviour Interactive.
June 11, 2013 - GameSpot
- Lily Allen in MTV.com
Just so you know, I have not renegotiated my record contract and have no plans to make another record (applause). I do however remain a fan of new music, so this is not some selfish crusade,Allen wrote. "The days of me making money from...
- Uzi Arad in FOXNews
In recent years, Carter has embarked upon "a crusade of hate against Israel," Uzi Arad, an adviser to parliamentary opposition leader Benjamin Netanyahu, told Israel Radio.
- Ayman al-Zawahri in Washington Post
Iraq nowadays is the most important battlefield on which our mujahedeen are waging a war against the forces of the Zionist-Christian Crusade,al-Zawahri said. "Therefore, supporting the mujahideen in Iraq and especially the Islamic State of...