movement : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a change of position that does not entail a change of location
movement is a sign of life
- n the act of changing location from one place to another
the movement of people from the farms to the cities
- n a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something
- n a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals
he was a charter member of the movement
politicians have to respect a mass movement
- n a major self-contained part of a symphony or sonata
the second movement is slow and melodic
- n a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end
the movement to end slavery
- n an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object
the succession of flashing lights gave an illusion of movement
- n a euphemism for defecation
he had a bowel movement
- n a general tendency to change (as of opinion)
a broad movement of the electorate to the right
- n the driving and regulating parts of a mechanism (as of a watch or clock)
it was an expensive watch with a diamond movement
- n the act of changing the location of something
the movement of cargo onto the vessel
- He believes that Raelian dues pay no salaries within the movement or in the company, but, instead, go toward advertising speakers on the Raelian movement or for operating .
- They accuse gays and lesbians of "hijacking" the civil rights movement for their homosexual agenda.
- So take out all this movement stuff.
News & Articles
- In 'The New Abolitionist Movement' to Stop Sex Trafficking, Christians Are Still Key Players
Today, a new abolitionist movement is emerging in New York, this time to abolish the global trade of women and children for sex, and committed Christians are centrally involved key players.
June 17, 2013 - The Christian Post
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to pull fighters out of Syria
GAZA (Reuters) - The Palestinian Islamist Hamas movement on Monday urged Lebanese militant group Hezbollah to withdraw its forces from Syria, where they are battling for President Bashar al-Assad, and focus on fighting Israel instead. Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, was once an Assad ally but last year endorsed the revolt against him in a shift that at the time deprived the Syrian leader ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- prayer movement What it’s about
Trumbull County Prayer Movement began about seven years ago when a fellowship of about 15 pastors
June 16, 2013 - The Youngstown Vindicator
- Barack Obama in BBC News
Democrat Barack Obama told an ecstatic crowd of supporters: "Our time has come, our movement is real and change is coming to America."
- Caroline Kennedy in Earthtimes (press release)
Obama has "built a movement that is changing the face of politics in this country, and he has demonstrated a special gift for inspiring young people - known for a willingness to volunteer, but an aversion to politics - to become engaged in the...
- Venus Williams in The Press Association
Serena said: "I thought, 'Wow, I've just got to make sure I'm here on Thursday'. I've been working on my curtsy. It's a little extreme, so I'm going to have to tone it down. I have a lot of arm movement."