- v act as a stimulant
The book stimulated her imagination
This play stimulates
- v cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
- v stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of
- v cause to be alert and energetic
Coffee and tea stimulate me
This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate
- v cause to occur rapidly
- v stir feelings in
stimulate my appetite
- v provide the needed stimulus for
- Spend to stimulate economy 35% 33% 41% Focus on deficit reduction 58 61 52.
- He was a physical-fitness freak: running, lifting weights and experimenting with isometrics and electrical impulses meant to stimulate his muscles while he slept.
- Drinking has not been scientifically proved to stimulate appetite, but too much beer, wine or liquor can impair judgment, causing us to eat more.
News & Articles
- Why Ocean Fertilization Could Actually Hurt Marine Health
Well, isn't this iron-ic: Putting iron into ocean waters to stimulate the uptake of carbon dioxide—a geoengineering scheme that’s been investigated for its potential to help combat global warming—may have unintended consequences that could limit its effectiveness, if not render it counterproductive.
June 20, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Summer activities for kids: Nix the planner, it's time to play pretend
Think you need to schedule activity after activity to enrich your child's summer? Think again. Free time and even being bored can stimulate your child's imagination.
June 20, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Media Stocks Join Market Swoon After Fed Chief Says It Might Reduce Stimulus Effort
This was the market ‘s worst day since 2011, with the Standard & Poor’s 500 -2.5% and the Dow Jones Industrial Average -2.3%. Traders became jittery after Federal Reserve Chief Ben Bernanke said that the economy might be strong enough for the agency to pull back on its purchase of bonds, part of its strategy to stimulate spending. Media companies felt the chill wind, with the Dow Jones U.S ...
June 20, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Dana Perino in ABC News
We're continuing to have conversations with members of Congress, and we're open to ideas that they would put forward ...... that would stimulate the economy and help us pull out of this downturn faster,White House press secretary Dana Perino...
- Nancy Pelosi in BBC News
I can't say that I'm totally pleased with the package, but I do know that it will help stimulate the economy,said the Democratic Party's Ms Pelosi. "But if it does not, then there will be more to come."
- Henry Paulson in Malaysia Sun
Paulson told lawmakers Tuesday that his plan to buy up ill-liquid assets from banks and other financial firms "is the single most effective thing we can do to help homeowners, the American people, and stimulate our economy."