- n the act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner
- n a sudden forceful flow
- n grasslike plants growing in wet places and having cylindrical often hollow stems
- n physician and American Revolutionary leader; signer of the Declaration of Independence (1745-1813)
- n the swift release of a store of affective force
he got a quick rush from injecting heroin
- n a sudden burst of activity
come back after the rush
- n (American football) an attempt to advance the ball by running into the line
the linebackers were ready to stop a rush
- v move fast
He rushed down the hall to receive his guests
- v attack suddenly
- v urge to an unnatural speed
Don't rush me, please!
- v act or move at high speed
We have to rush!
- v run with the ball, in football
- v cause to move fast or to rush or race
- v cause to occur rapidly
- s not accepting reservations
- s done under pressure
a rush job
News & Articles
- Rush Returning 6/14/13
The Chicago Rush will play ball in Rockford again Saturday night.
June 15, 2013 - WTVO - WQRF Rockford
- Rush Holt files Aug. 13 primary petitions
The campaign of U.S. Rep. Rush Holt (NJ-12) filed petitions Monday with the New Jersey Division of Elections to place his name on the ballot for the Democratic nomination in the upcoming U.S. Senate special election.
June 15, 2013 - The Beacon
- Rush Order Tees Custom Apparel Company Expands Art Department
Custom t-shirt printer Rush Order Tees has expanded their Art Department. The Company has recently completed construction on additional office space to accommodate the additional professional personnel. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10833767.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Jim DeMint in New York Times
The federal government went bankrupt in one week in the used-car business, and now they want to run our health care system,Mr. DeMint said in an interview on "Fox News Sunday." "This is crazy to try to rush this thing through again while...
- Barack Obama in Times Online
In a speech at a naval base on Monday, President Obama said: "I will never rush the solemn decision of sending you into harm's way."