- v remain present although waning or gradually dying
Her perfume lingered on
- v be about
- v leave slowly and hesitantly
- v take one's time; proceed slowly
- v move to and fro
The shy student lingered in the corner
- If nothing is done, this recession could linger for years.
- THE MIDDLE EAST: Arabian Twilight The cities that were once the center of the world now hover at its remotest marginsbut a few traces of their glory days linger on.
- Whispers still linger, but it doesn't look like anyone will be dredging up a forgotten civilization anytime soon.
News & Articles
- 8 constitutional changes going to voters in 2014
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Louisiana lawmakers are proposing eight new changes to the state constitution following their regular session, including new protections from steep budget cuts for certain health care providers. But the constitutional amendments will linger for more than a year before voters decide if they take effect. The next statewide election isn't until 2014, and efforts to hold a ...
June 14, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- 8 constitutional changes backed by lawmakers
Louisiana lawmakers are proposing eight new changes to the state constitution following their regular session. But the constitutional amendments will linger for more than a year before voters decide if they take effect.
June 14, 2013 - KPLC Lake Charles
- Tuesday weather: Chance for storms and showers linger today
The cold front that brought the severe weather yesterday will linger near the coast this morning, keeping a few showers/storms in the forecast. Rain chances and clouds will clear out through the day. It will be warmer this afternoon with highs reaching into the upper 80s. We will warm into the 90s for midweek. Our next system moves in for Thursday and will likely bring more storms. Temperatures ...
June 11, 2013 - Daily Press
- Stewart Cink in ESPN
The memories linger from that,Cink said. "I gave it away, but I learned from it. It's part of the process. Let me just say that not everybody out here is Tiger Woods, OK? He's making it look easy. And it's not easy."
- Alex Rodriguez in The Associated Press
I wanted to be a gentleman and do the right thing,A-Rod said. "It was important to not let things linger."
- Gregg Popovich in Washington Post
They're up 1-0. The important thing for us is to not let the game linger,San Antonio Coach Gregg Popovich said after the Lakers rallied from a 20-point deficit for an 89-85 triumph.