- n a vigorous blow
he got a bang on the head
- n a sudden very loud noise
- n a border of hair that is cut short and hangs across the forehead
- n the swift release of a store of affective force
they got a great bang out of it
- n a conspicuous success
the party went with a bang
- v strike violently
- v to produce a sharp often metallic explosive or percussive sound
One of them banged the sash of the window nearest my bed
- v close violently
- v move noisily
The window banged shut
The old man banged around the house
- v have sexual intercourse with
- v leap, jerk, bang
- r directly
he ran bang into the pole
- The bang bang bang became a resounding boom boom boom.
News & Articles
- The Big Bang Theory Wins Big At Critics Choice TV Awards
The Big Bang Theory has proven to be very popular among TV watchers. It must be unsurprising then to see the TV critics agree. Reuters reports that The Big Bang Theory walked away with the best comedy award at the …
June 12, 2013 - WebProNews
- 'Big Bang Theory', 'Breaking Bad' lead Critics Choice TV winners
By Piya Sinha-Roy LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - CBS sitcom "The Big Bang Theory" led comedy winners at the Critics Choice television awards on Monday, while AMC series "Breaking Bad" and HBO's fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" won top prizes for drama, edging out "Mad Men" and "Homeland". HBO film "Behind the Candelabra" won best mini-series or movie, and Michael Douglas's turn as the camp and complex ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Big Bang Theory Wasn’t The Only Show At The Critic’s Choice TV Awards [Full Winners List]
The Big Bang Theory won awards for best comedy series, best supporting actor (Simon Helberg), and best supporting actress (Kaley Cuoco) during Monday nights Critic’s Choice TV Awards. While that top rated CBS comedy series was an obvious selection in the comedy category it wasn’t the only big winner. As fans tuned in for the Game [...] Big Bang Theory Wasn’t The Only Show At The Critic’s Choice ...
June 11, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Regis Philbin in FOXNews
Philbin said he was hoping to have angioplasty because "you know, you get in - bang, bang, bang - they blow it open and you leave the next day."
- Ben Bernanke in KVAL
As it puts together a package, Bernanke added, "Congress might want to consider a diversified mix of elements. Getting money to low and moderate income people is good in the sense of getting a bang for the buck."
- Paul McCartney in WSBtv.com
McCartney said they made it during a session at Abbey Road and he had asked the other band members to "just wander round all of the stuff and bang it, shout, play it."