- n distance travelled per unit time
- n a rate (usually rapid) at which something happens
the project advanced with gratifying speed
- n changing location rapidly
- n the ratio of the focal length to the diameter of a (camera) lens system
- n a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
- v move fast
- v move faster
- v move very fast
The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed
- v travel at an excessive or illegal velocity
I got a ticket for speeding
- v cause to move faster
- Part of it is probably due to melting alone, but scientists also knew as early as 1996 that some glaciers' motion had begun to speed up.
- An inside look at Asia's speed culture .
- Senator John Warner wants to enforce a national speed limit as an answer to soaring gas prices.
News & Articles
- Speed a factor in New Braunfels deadly motorcycle crash
NEW BRAUNFELS -- A deadly motorcycle accident in New Braunfels left one man dead. Investigators say that speed was a factor in the crash. At 8:00 Friday night on South Business 35 near Seguin Avenue, investigators say 44-year-old Timothy Hohn of Canyon Lake was driving at a high rate of speed when he ran into the side of a Pontiac Grand Prix. Hohn was thrown from the motorcycle onto several ...
June 15, 2013 - KVUE-TV Austin
- Speed Cameras
Two new mobile speed cameras are coming to Polk County. Where you’ll see them and how much you’ll...
June 14, 2013 - WHO-TV 13 Des Moines
- Speed Shopping Showdown Finalist Judy Kinne
In our Speed Shopping Showdown, a contestant gets 90 seconds to grab anything and everything in sight with the chance...
June 14, 2013 - WNEP 16 Pennsylvania
- Fabio Capello in The Associated Press
We probably arrived a little bit tired at the end of the season,he said. "But after the game that they played against Slovenia, we suffered from Germany's speed today."
- Tiger Wood in The Press Association
He added in a televised interview: "I just putted awful, really. My speed was good, but nothing was going in. It was a very frustrating day on the greens, especially how good I was driving it. I was driving it on a string all day."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in International Herald Tribune
It is tempting any time things seem quieter for a minute on the international front to think that we don't need a president who is up to speed on foreign affairs and military matters,Clinton said.