boot : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n footwear that covers the whole foot and lower leg
- n British term for the luggage compartment in a car
- n the swift release of a store of affective force
what a boot!
- n protective casing for something that resembles a leg
- n an instrument of torture that is used to heat or crush the foot and leg
- n a form of foot torture in which the feet are encased in iron and slowly crushed
- n the act of delivering a blow with the foot
- v kick; give a boot to
- v cause to load (an operating system) and start the initial processes
boot your computer
- As any fashionista will tell you, the winter sale season is the perfect time to buy basic boots the kind that defy the passing of seasons and trends.
- As any fashionista will tell you, the winter sale season is the perfect time to buy basic bootsthe kind that defy the passing of seasons and trends.
- Baptists and Methodists this week both voted to boot dissidents who included gays in their ministries.
News & Articles
- Health Sciences Boot Camp at Fayetteville Tech June 17-21
Fayetteville Technical Community College will host a Health Sciences Boot Camp on June 17-21 for ninth and tenth -grade students. The camp, a partnership with Cumberland County Schools and Communities In Schools, is funded through a College Access Challenge Grant.
June 12, 2013 - The Fayetteville Observer
- Veterans 'boot camp' offers skills for starting business
Physical training might be lacking at the boot camp slated for the Dublin Entrepreneurial Center next week.
June 12, 2013 - This Week Dublin
- State Board of Education OKs special ed teacher boot camps
For candidates, a boot camp would be the start of a three-year alternative pathway to a standard teaching certificate and open the door to those who decide to continue on to earn a master's degree in special education.
June 12, 2013 - Tulsa World
- Ken Salazar in BusinessWeek
In his speech, Paul criticized administration comments toward BP, especially remarks by Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, who told CNN last month: "Our job basically is to keep the boot on the neck of British Petroleum."
- Richard Branson in ABC News
Steve is a tough old boot,Branson said in the statement. "I suspect he is waiting by his plane right now for someone to pick him up."
- John Terry in The Guardian (blog)
I took a slight knock in training but with such an important match on Saturday the right course of action was to put a protective boot on my right foot and have a CT scan,said Terry in a statement. "The scan has shown there is no break and...