- n building material used as siding or roofing
- n frothy drink of milk and flavoring and sometimes fruit or ice cream
- n a note that alternates rapidly with another note a semitone above it
- n grasping and shaking a person's hand (as to acknowledge an introduction or to agree on a contract)
- n a reflex motion caused by cold or fear or excitement
- n causing to move repeatedly from side to side
- v move or cause to move back and forth
- v move with or as if with a tremor
- v shake or vibrate rapidly and intensively
- v move back and forth or sideways
- v undermine or cause to waver
my faith has been shaken
- v stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of
- v get rid of
I couldn't shake the car that was following me
- v bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking
He was shaken from his dreams
shake the salt out of the salt shaker
- v shake (a body part) to communicate a greeting, feeling, or cognitive state
shake one's head
Don't shake your fist at me!
- The Coke was adequate, and the shake interesting.
- Two death pacts shake the country .
- Of the post-Deng shake-out, only one thing is certain: it has already begun.
News & Articles
- 4 1/2 Things You Need To Know This Week
gtgt SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE If you're walking down the street this Friday, take a look at the guy next to you. Don't breathe heavy and stare or he'll think you're weird. Just stop, calmly extend your hand and shake his. Make sure you wash first. We wouldn't want any embarrassing incidents. Why on...
June 17, 2013 - Times Leader
- New Crosswalk Near Shake Shack: Will It Be Used?
Spurred by a pedestrian fatality near Westport’s Shake Shack, the state has installed a new crosswalk with countdown clock on the east side of the intersection of Bulkley Avenue and Post Road East. In addition, it installed a new sidewalk on the south side of Post Road East so pedestrians can safely walk to the shopping center parking lot opposite Shake Shack that many people use for overflow ...
June 16, 2013 - WestportNow
- Imprisoned swindler claims "shake-down" by Swallow, Shurtleff
Attorneys for imprisoned swindler Marc Sessions Jenson filed documents Saturday afternoon claiming he is a victim of a "shake-down" by embattled Attorney General John Swallow and his predecessor, Mark Shurtleff.
June 16, 2013 - KSL Salt Lake City
- Joe Barton in Christian Broadcasting Network
I think it is a tragedy of the first proportion that private corporations can be subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown, in this case a $20 billion shake down,Barton said.
- John McCain in The Australian
McCain said that in his vice-presidential pick Palin he had "found just the right partner to help me shake up Washington''." "She has executive experience and a real record of accomplishment,'' he said, noting that she knows where she comes...
- Cardinal Angelo Sodano in FOXNews (blog)
Holy Father, the people of God are on your side, and do not allow themselves to be influenced by the petty gossip of the moment, by the trials which sometime shake the community of believers,Cardinal Angelo Sodano said at the start of the...