- v shake or vibrate rapidly and intensively
The old engine was juddering
- Jeeps left over from the war, 1955 Chevrolets, 1953 Czech-made Skodas and armies of dilapidated jalopies jounce and judder through the broad avenues of Rangoon, Burma's capital.
- Movies judder past on my little screen, so I watch the end of Zodiac on a Singapore-Narita flight, having watched the beginning, I think, on Singapore-Delhi.
News & Articles
- Weekly Poem: 'From the Grandiloquent Dictionary'
By Hailey Leithauser Judder When Junk gives a shudder, like a tractor more quaint than intact, like lapsed reactors, pipes worn and contorted, a Toyota that's done for, or outdated aorta. Katzenjammer Think of the yowl of three senile felines. Think of a buzz saw's black, sauerkraut whine. Imagine ten screeched, unleashed violins. Imagine the dawn that follows the gin. Metrophobia I, too dislike ...
June 17, 2013 - The Online NewsHour
- Tony Mowbray in Sportinglife.com
Mowbray said: "Kevin at this moment in time is a slight concern. He took quite a bad kick on the knee that he had surgery on and the boy is still obviously quite mentally tender about it. So when he gets a kick on it it's a bit of a judder for him....