- v specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement
The will stipulates that she can live in the house for the rest of her life
The contract stipulates the dates of the payments
- v give a guarantee or promise of
They stipulated to release all the prisoners
- v make an oral contract or agreement in the verbal form of question and answer that is necessary to give it legal force
- These rules stipulate that a person cannot bring her pet to the lounge.
- The rules stipulate that no gifts will be accepted by a politician while on an official tour.
- It is important that the contract is finished within the stipulated time, else the penalty will be so heavy as to make the firm insolvent.
News & Articles
- What's in the bag? Clubs. 14. But which?
ARDMORE 8212 About the only sure thing when it comes to Phil Mickelson and his golf clubs is that he carries 14 of them, as the rules stipulate.It's figuring out which 14.
June 14, 2013 - Times Leader
- U.S. Open report
Mickelson left out his driver ARDMORE, Pa. — About the only sure thing when it comes to Phil Mickelson and his golf clubs is that he carries 14 of them, as the rules stipulate.
June 14, 2013 - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- I Can't Stop Reading This Review of Tao Lin's New Novel
We can and will stipulate first of all that Tao Lin is an overbearing self-publicist with a literary career attached, and that he is given to extremely irritating poses . This, however, tells us nothing about whether or not Tao Lin, as a novelist, has any artistic merit; there have been, historically, plenty of serious and important writers among the ranks of overbearing self-publicists, and ...
June 13, 2013 - Gawker
- David Moyes in Times Online
The rules, in my view, do not stipulate exactly whether it is 14 days before the tournament or 14 days before South Africa's first game,Moyes said. "I fought tooth and nail for him [Pienaar]. I was not going to let it go without a fight."
- Dmitry Medvedev in Haiti News
After the signing ceremony at the Kremlin, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said: "The treaties stipulate that our countries shall be taking joint measures to eliminate the threat to peace, address problems of security and resist acts of...
- Tzipi Livni in Reuters
But speaking at the UN General Assembly, Livni said: "As the parties take the risks for peace, we look to the international community and the Arab and Muslim world, to offer support, not to stipulate conditions."