- v obstruct or hinder any discussion
Nixon stonewalled the Watergate investigation
When she doesn't like to face a problem, she simply stonewalls
- v engage in delaying tactics or refuse to cooperate
The President stonewalled when he realized the plot was being uncovered by a journalist
- Dart decided to stonewall all criticism.
- Confronted with the precise, tough questions on Watergate he had long evaded, would Nixon continue to stonewall? Or would he break under the pressure of so public a forum and .
- In every crisis, her reflexive response was to blame others, rail against enemies and stonewall, unless called before a grand jury, at which point she would be overcome by short .
News & Articles
- DUC Applauds the Government's Investment in Fish Habitat Conservation
STONEWALL, MANITOBA--(Marketwired - June 18, 2013) - Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) applauds the Government of Canada for their commitment to support the protection, restoration and rebuilding of recreational fisheries habitat through the Recreational Fisheries Conservation Partnerships Program.
June 18, 2013 - Marketwire
- Stonewall Kitchen receives achievement award
YORK, Maine — Specialty food manufacturer and retailer Stonewall Kitchen received the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Food Recovery Challenge Achievement Award for demonstrating its commitment to improving sustainable food management practices...
June 16, 2013 - Portsmouth Herald
- Jaeger Run for Pride 5K Run/Walk
The Jaeger Run for Pride 5K Run/Walk is organized by Stonewall Columbus and Premier Races. It will start and finish at Goodale Park in the Short North. This event is for both serious and recreational athletes. The Jaeger Run for Pride 5K Run/Walk is organized by Stonewall Columbus and Premier Races. It will start and finish at Goodale Park in the Short North. This event is for both serious and ...
June 16, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Barack Obama in Spero News
While we have come a long way since the Stonewall riots in 1969, we still have a lot of work to do,Obama said, referring to riots which followed a police raid on a New York City gay bar. "Too often, the issue of LGBT rights is exploited by...
- Patrick Leahy in ABC News
The White House cannot have it both ways -- it cannot stonewall congressional investigations by refusing to provide documents and witnesses, while claiming nothing improper occurred,Leahy said.
- Charles Schumer in Forbes
The White House was expected to issue some conditions, but Fielding "said his intention was not to stonewall," Schumer added.