- v prove capable or fit; meet requirements
- v pronounce fit or able
- v make more specific
qualify these remarks
- v make fit or prepared
- v specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement
- v describe or portray the character or the qualities or peculiarities of
- v add a modifier to a constituent
- The two teams that qualified for the finals were dark horses and the commentators were struggling to find the names of the players of the teams.
- Du Toit is actually the second amputee ever to qualify for the Olympics George Eyser, an American gymnast, earned six medals in the 1904 Olympics, including three gold, despite .
- But cute and wildly talented kids are one of them, and the seventh-graders at Atlanta's Ron Clark Academy certainly qualify.
News & Articles
- Montgomerie Fails to Qualify for British Open
Former world number two Colin Montgomerie blew his chance of taking part in this month's British Open after a second-round 76 left him three over par in qualifying on Tuesday.
July 2, 2013 - New York Times
- Wild qualify 5 restricted FAs including Spurgeon
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- The Wild have made qualifying offers to five restricted free agents: defensemen Jared Spurgeon, Tyler Cuma and Kyle Medvec, and right wings Justin Fontaine and Carson McMillan.
July 2, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Golf-Montgomerie fails to qualify for British Open
July 2 (Reuters) - Former world number two Colin Montgomerie blew his chance of taking part in this month's British Open after a second-round 76 left him three over par in qualifying on Tuesday. The 2010 European Ryder Cup captain was one shot off the lead after an opening-round 69 during Local Final Qualifying at Gullane in Scotland before a round of 76, featuring four bogeys and a double bogey ...
July 2, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Vicente del Bosque in The Associated Press
I don't think the coach has to qualify his reasons unless they don't work out,said Del Bosque, who played 18 matches for Spain during a successful playing career. "The best thing is to act with justice, to treat everyone equally. These are...
- Joseph Yobo in MirrorFootball.co.uk
Nigeria captain Joseph Yobo said: "I think the sending off played a big part in the game. We were in control before the sending-off. It looks like even if we win the next game, we're not going to qualify, so practically we are out of the tournament....
- Darren Clarke in CNN
The 40-year-old Clarke has still not secured a place in the St Andrews field next week and he told reporters: "This is the first round and there's an awful long way to go, but of course I would love to qualify."