- v stir up or tend; of a fire
- Japan's brutal wartime occupation of Shenyang and other parts of China, which continues to stoke Chinese anger today, mattered little in the face of achieving total domination in .
- Hamilton acknowledges that his participation could stoke interest among ethnic groups who may not be into the sport now.
- With a sentimental tip of the hat to the fallen leader, many Northern journalists, preachers and politicians actually tried to use Lincoln's death to stoke the fires of vengeance.
News & Articles
- Carlos Beltran’s playing like a kid out there
His performance Sunday had St. Louis Cardinals sportswriters wondering if 36-year-old slugger Carlos Beltran had found a fountain of youth. Beltran reached on a bunt single to stoke the Cardinals' two-run third inning — following it up with a steal … Continue reading ?
July 8, 2013 - Big League Stew via Yahoo! Sports
- Oops. It Turns Out IRS Commissioner Did Not Visit The White House 157 Times After All
One of the more enduring legends put forth by those working overtime to stoke the fires of scandal within the walls of the Obama Administration, is the often cited tale of how the now departed IRS Commissioner, Douglas Shulman, visited the White House 158 times during his years serving the Obama Administration.
July 7, 2013 - Forbes
- Sheridan swim club in fourth place after t - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports
Evan Stegall and Laken Hugenberg both set Sheridan Swim team records on the second day of the 19th annual Titan Firecracker Classic Saturday at the Sheridan Swim Club. Laken Hugenberg won the 11-12 200 meter breast stoke with a time of 3 minutes, 3.33 seconds and Stegall won the 10 and under 50 meter butterfly in 33.46.
July 7, 2013 - Quincy Herald-Whig
- Tony Pulis in Independent
In Stoke-on-Trent on Saturday evening, Mr Wenger talked openly about Arsenal's encounter with Stoke as being a 'typical English encounter',Pulis said. "He commended my team's organisation, my team's commitment and confessed that on the day...
- Gary Neville in ESPN
The squad arrived back on Monday, and club captain Neville told the BBC: "We are delighted with the win - it is a really important and significant win for us. While we were away in Japan our rivals did not pull away, so this result against Stoke is...
- Luiz Felipe Scolari in SkySports
The Stoke defenders made a little mistake because they were watching other players, not Bosingwa,said Scolari. "They did not see him arrive in this position and he made a beautiful goal. He is good for us. Bosingwa is the right height,...