- v kill by squeezing the throat of so as to cut off the air
he tried to strangle his opponent
- v conceal or hide
strangle a yawn
- v die from strangulation
- v prevent the progress or free movement of
the imperialist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries
- v constrict (someone's) throat and keep from breathing
- v struggle for breath; have insufficient oxygen intake
- He drew additional gibes by declaring that his wife Evelyn had come to his rescue when the devil visited his bedroom and tried to strangle him.
- Back in 1994, when he was engineering a series of interest-rate increases, the Federal Reserve chairman was regularly assailed as a zealot willing to strangle economic growth in .
- Her T shirt had been used to strangle her, and gangster-style graffiti was scrawled on her abdomen in black ink.
News & Articles
- Not-guilty plea in Lowell attempted-murder case
LOWELL -- A 47-year-old Lowell man pleaded not guilty to attempted murder after police say his two young children had to intervene when their father tried to strangle their mother when she wouldn't give him money for alcohol.
June 14, 2013 - Lowell Sun
- No parole for violent Newman man
A Newman man sentenced to serve eight years to life in prison for trying to strangle his elderly mot
June 14, 2013 - Modesto Bee
- Teen accused of choking, punching pregnant girlfriend
A 17-year-old Lehigh Acres boy was arrested after deputies say he tried to strangle his girlfriend, who is seven months pregnant. They say he also punched her repeatedly in the stomach.
June 13, 2013 - NBC 2 Fort Myers