- n a painful and involuntary muscular contraction
- n a clamp for holding pieces of wood together while they are glued
- n a strip of metal with ends bent at right angles; used to hold masonry together
- v secure with a cramp
cramp the wood
- v prevent the progress or free movement of
- v affect with or as if with a cramp
- v suffer from sudden painful contraction of a muscle
- Writer's cramp is an ailment that has puzzled doctors for more than a century, and it continues to baffle them.
- I have had no muscular cramp to date.
- This did not cramp his style.
News & Articles
- Facing Felix Hernandez: A’s Saturday lineup vs. Seattle
Steve Kroner subbing for Susan Slusser for Game 2 of the Mariners-A’s series: After sitting out Friday night’s game, both Coco Crisp (heel) and Josh Donaldson (hamstring cramp) have returned to the A’s lineup Saturday. Donaldson left after the 15th inning of Thursday’s 3-2, 18-inning win over the Yankees. For him, that departure was a “discretion is the better part of valor” decision. “I was ...
June 15, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Filming may interrupt airport-bound traffic Friday
Mullet-rocking, jean short-wearing Kenny Powers may cramp your style Friday if you're heading to the airport.
June 12, 2013 - The Wilmington Star-News
- Tony Parker injury: Spurs guard to have MRI on hamstring
San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker will undergo an MRI on Wednesday for a right hamstring injury suffered in the Spurs' 113-77 Game 3 win over the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals. But according to Buck Harvey of the San Antonio Express-News , the injury is just a bad cramp and Parker is expected to be ready for Thursday's Game 4. More : Spurs Game 3 coverage at Pounding The Rock Heat Game 3 ...
June 12, 2013 - SB Nation
- Andy Roddick in Montreal Gazette
Roddick mocked Djokovic at a post-match press conference, saying of his injuries: "A back and a hip? And a cramp. Bird Flu ... anthrax...... SARS... common cough and cold. If it's there, it's there. There's just a lot. He's either quick to call a...
- Kevin Youkilis in ESPN
I wish I could tell you what happened,he said. "Basically I was out on the field and I felt like I had a cramp in my ankle, which is the most strange thing ever. Basically what they said is it's in the capsule. Somehow I irritated it and...
- Andrew Strauss in Times Online
Strauss said: "Smith asked for a runner. The umpires were not particularly keen. At the end of a long game you are going to be tired. To a certain extent, cramp is a preparation thing, a conditioning thing. He didn't seem to be cramping that badly,...